- Updated July 19, 2007
- Friends of the Susquehanna River Rail-Trail Inc is pleased to announce that the Federal Transportation Enhancement Program has awarded the Friends of the Susquehanna River Rail-Trail a grant to finance the acquisition of the first leg of the trail. This purchase will extend from the village of Windsor south to the Pennsylvania state line, and includes the old Windsor train station pictured above, which the organization intends to preserve. The station has been submitted the to the registry of historic places.
- You can see the views station while it was in service here and here!
- Among the possibilities being investigated are the use of part of the station as a railroad museum. It could also one day serve as a bike rental shop which will become practical as the trail expands.
- This grants covers 80% of the acquisition cost, with locally raised funds covering the balance. The final 20% will be in the form of donations and volunteer services such as trail restoration work. The organization is currently planing fund-rasing activities.
- Questions? Comments? Have an idea? Want to contribute?
- Contact us at;
Friends of the Susquehanna River Rail-Trail Inc.
2975 NY Rt 7
Harpursville, NY 13787
- Phone: (607) 693-2755
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- See our Grant Application